magicJack - Future of VOIP?

magicjack.jpgI've had my magicJack for over a month now and I have been very impressed with it. I sometimes am required to work from home and only had a cell phone, like a lot of people. This was a problem though because I would sometimes have conferences calls and would have to eat up my minutes.

MagicJack was mentioned to me and it sounded like the solution to my problem. So far, this is turning out to be exactly that. With magicJack I can make calls from home for work and it doesn't cost me anything. Just the $20 a year service and Internet connection.

magicjack.jpgThe magicJack has many nice features including a address book, callerID, 411 service and voicemail, all included in the normal price. The voicemail even sends you an email with the voicemail as an attachment. A feature I was going to recommend, only to find out they already implemented it.

As good as the device is there are some drawbacks. The major drawback is that in order to use the device it must be hooked to a computer that is up and running in Windows or Mac OS X. The computer can not be in standby or hibernation. The device runs through software running on the computer so if the computer is off, so is the magicJack.

So, if your land line phone is your primary phone then I would advice not getting magicJack as a replacement for that. But if you are looking at getting magicJack as a backup to your cell for making calls in the middle of the day and you know you're going to be talking for hours, then magicJack could be the solution for you.

For me, it has served its purpose perfectly. I needed something that could save me from using my cell minutes, but didn't clear out my wallet. With $20 a year for the service it works perfectly for my needs.

magicJack.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyperthreading for Gaming - Worth it ...

Galaxy Nexus on Sprint

Quake 4: Linux & ATI