iView 760TPC Review - Inexpensive Tablets

Apple has really made tablets popular with there iPad's, but they weren't necessarily the first to the market and they aren't the cheapest. There are a lot of cheap Android tablets out there and I decided to get one to see if they are good or just a complete waste of money.

I decided to go with the iView 760TPC which I purchased from Newegg.com, the place I go for all my electronic needs. For $120, I received the 7" tablet, charger as well as a leather case, headphones and USB cables.

iView 760PTC

  • 7" Capacitive 800x480 Resolution
  • Processor: Cortex A8, 1.2GHz (Allwinner A10)
  • OS: Android 2.3 / Upgradabe to 4.0 ICS
  • RAM: 512MB DDR3
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Battery: 3500mAh
  • HDMI 1080P
Just to make it clear, this is by no means a alternative to an iPad. This is a low end inexpensive tablet. That however doesn't mean it is useless as it does work well and has its purpose.

I have had mine for over a month now. The tablet itself is very durable and is comfortable and light to hold. Movies and games are easy and fun to play on this device and it runs most games in the market place just fine and plays movies just fine. I have played several movies on the device ripped in x264 and it played them all just fine. Even the higher resolution bluray rips.

I immediately upgraded the device to ICS which has an awesome interface and runs very smooth on this device. Netflix does appear to have issues with this device currently on ICS but users report that Android 2.3 works just fine. Myself, I'd prefer to have the slick interface of ICS than to have Netflix.

Where this device falls a little short is in the battery life. You can expect to get only about 3-4 hours out of it. This works fine for me as I just use it around the house or in the car.

If you are looking for a simple tablet for checking email, watching movies and playing games then this will work just fine for you. If you are looking for something that has high quality picture then you will want to pay more and get a nicer tablet with a higher resolution and more vivid screen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyperthreading for Gaming - Worth it ...

Galaxy Nexus on Sprint

Quake 4: Linux & ATI